Although Google Ads have gained popularity over the years, many companies have not yet taken advantage of their potential to drive high-ticket sales through this advertising channel. High ticket items can be sold more efficiently and more profitably through Google Ads (with a higher ROI) with the right strategy. Here are a few tips to help you sell high ticket items with Google Ads.
Get to Know Your Customer Lifetime Value
When considering Google Ads, companies often wonder how much they should spend. To determine the value of an ad, sellers often consider metrics such as clicks or conversion rates. You will miss out on great opportunities if you do this with high ticket items, even though it works for low and mid-priced items.
Google Ads can be an effective way to sell high-priced goods, but you should focus instead on maximizing your return on investment (ROI). In a month, you may spend $1000 on Google Ads with 1000 clicks and have 1 or 2 people purchase a high-ticket item. There are many sellers who would consider this a failure and give up on their campaign. When you consider that those 2 conversions gave you $5000, it’s actually a win. The more conversions you make with high-ticket items, the more money you’ll make. Rather than focusing on cost per click, focus on your earnings.
Experiment With High Converting Headlines
Your ad campaign’s success depends on testing headlines. With Google Ads A/B testing, you can run more ads, ensure they are effective, spend less, and therefore get a better ROI. How to craft headlines that convert well is the question.
In order to optimize your Ad headlines, you can follow Dr. Robert B. Cialdini’s ‘6 Principles of Influence’. The principles are as follows:
- Reciprocity – It is simply a matter of returning a favor. Even if the person didn’t ask for a favor, people are more likely to do something for someone who has helped them. Freebies, giveaways, and discounts will make your audience feel obligated to respond favorably.
- Commitment and consistency –
- Every person strives (consciously or unconsciously) to act in a way that supports the decisions they have made in the past, i.e. our path tends to align with the person we would like to become. To increase the likelihood of a greater action, get your audience to agree to something relatively small, such as clicking on the ad to take advantage of an offer, to increase your conversion rate.
- Social proof – There is a greater likelihood of people doing something if everyone else is doing it as well. You can encourage more people to click on your ad by including star ratings, testimonials, or likes.
- Liking – You are more likely to be influenced by someone you like when you like them. Purchasing something from someone you like is more likely than purchasing something from someone you don’t like. To make your brand more likable, you can use two techniques. Using compliments and familiarity is one way to accomplish this.
- Authority – When authority is present, people are more likely to comply. When it comes to marketing, you can demonstrate authority by demonstrating your expertise. The use of phrases such as ’10 years of experience’ or adding a title such as ‘Dr.’ is a great way to demonstrate authority.
- Scarcity – The desire for something increases when it is perceived to be rare or limited in supply. The addition of phrases such as limited-time offer, special edition, or limited stock will increase the appeal of the product and create a sense of urgency in your audience.
In spite of the fact that you may not be able to apply all these principles to every ad headline or copy, they provide a great starting point when crafting headlines that drive conversions.
Make Your Keywords Count
When choosing keywords for your Google Ads campaign, there are several factors to consider. A lot of business owners look at what their competitors are using as well as the most popular keywords and try to use them or similar keywords. Keywords with high buyer intent (also known as “commercial intent”) are more important when selling high-ticket items.
The search volume for keywords that have strong commercial intent isn’t always high. Especially for big-ticket items, this can be true. Search terms that are more specific are likely to be used by people who are looking to buy an item.
While not many people search for these terms, those who do are more likely searching with the intention of buying. As a result, you’ll spend less on your ad campaigns and you’ll have a higher conversion rate.
Find a high-converting landing page to link to
To get people to your website, you need to have killer ad copy. In the end, it will be your landing page that will convince the visitor to make a purchase. Hence, you must ensure that your landing page converts visitors into customers.
Designing a landing page requires consideration of several factors. An effective landing page should include the following elements:
- Strong headlines – These are headlines that are clear, concise, and unique. As soon as the visitor arrives, they know what the page is about. To guide visitors through the content, include subheadings as well.
- Eye-catching images – Not only are images pleasing to the eye, but they can also affect our moods. Images of smiling people, for instance, make us feel at ease and even uplift our mood. By using images that are not only eye-catching but likely to encourage a purchase decision, you can use this to your advantage.
- High-quality copy – What gives the visitor that last push to make the purchase is the copy on your page. When visitors are deciding whether a product or service is right for them, they often skim over the copy on the page. Make sure your copy is not only compelling but also easy to understand and gets right to the point. Use phrases such as ‘limited time offer’ or ‘get this offer today’ to create a sense of urgency.
- Easy to fill forms – In order to get the audience to act, it’s important to make it easy for them to do so. By reducing the number of fields and making the form mobile-friendly, this can make it easier to fill out a form. Giving information on a simple form will make your audience feel less overwhelmed.
- Include social proof and trust badges – When visitors are trying to make a purchase decision, trust elements, such as testimonials, accreditations from well-known organizations, and logos of major brands you’ve worked with in the past, will help them feel more at ease.
Use Google Ad Extensions
Google Ad Extensions allow you to add images, additional site links, phone numbers, lead forms, and other content to your ad. You can maximize your ad text and create better-quality ads with ad extensions. As a result, you will be able to share more information and attract more attention while saving money.
You can choose from several types of Google Ad extensions. Among them are:
- Site links – By using these, you can share more information with your audience. If you want to make it easier for your viewers to find information on your website, you can provide links to other pages that they may find interesting.
- Call extensions – Customers can call you directly using these numbers. An option to call is included along with the phone number. As a result, your brand feels more approachable and accessible. With these call extensions, users can easily contact your business directly on their mobile devices to get the information they need.
- Image extensions – They are exactly what they sound like! Your Google Ads become more appealing to searchers if you add an image extension.
Implement a retargeting strategy
It is not always the case that people convert on their first visit. Most visitors to your site will not convert on their first visit. People who intend to purchase high-ticket items are likely to consider their decision carefully. It is even possible that they will want to compare your product with other brands or products. A retargeting strategy is therefore essential. With this strategy, you can drive prospective customers back to your site and therefore have another chance to convert them. When each customer is so valuable, this is especially important.
Retargeting visitors can be done using social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube, display networks, and mobile apps. In order to keep your audience engaged, you need to stay in front of them. You’ll have a chance to convert someone who has already thought about buying from you and has visited your website to see what you have to offer. Learn more about retargeting here.
Make use of multi-part forms
It can be overwhelming for audiences to fill out forms. When there are a lot of fields to fill out, this is especially true. Filling out a long form is too tedious or time-consuming for many people, discouraging them from converting. Therefore, it is recommended to keep the number of fields to a minimum (3 at most), such as Name, phone number, and email address.
However, this does not mean you cannot capture more information from the visitor. The multi-part form ensures the basic information is captured and that the visitor can provide more details if they wish.
Using Google Ads to sell high ticket items can be extremely profitable for your company, and provides the opportunity to scale quickly.
You can grow your business quickly if you find a combination that works. Learn how to create a winning Google Ads and digital marketing strategy, get in touch here!